Letting Go…

March 9, 2011 by
Filed under Amy Wise, Family, Interracial Families

By: Amy Wise

When I learned that this month’s theme here at TNF was “Letting Go”, I literally laughed out loud!  This very minute, as I sit here and write, there are so many “letting go” moments happening in my life.  So many!

Today Tatiana is starting her behind-the-wheel driving lessons.  I will be letting her go to drive on her own in a very short period of time.  She has been practicing with me for 6 months and now she is going to be receiving her license.  How do you let your baby go to drive on her own without worry and fear?  I know I have to, and I know I have to trust that I have taught her well.  She is a safe, smart driver and that’s what matters.   Letting her go is not going to be easy but I know it’s time.   Ready or not.

Today I’m also ordering Tatiana’s cap and gown for high school graduation.   This past January she decided she wanted to graduate a year early.  She did the research, figured out how to do it, we had meetings, called universities, and have now made it a reality.  I’m letting her go to her next phase in life…a year early!  This one is BIG!!!  Talk about letting go!  She is ready; the question is, am I?

Today I’m going downtown for trial preparation for our water trial next week.  I’m letting go after 4 long years and I’m putting my life and my family’s life in the hands of 12 jurors.   How do you let go and give it all over to 12 complete strangers?  How?  My husband says I’m a trooper and I can do it.  I know I have to let go and let the system do what it’s designed to do.  I don’t have an option, I must.

Today, as I prepare for trial and to get justice for the loss of our original dream, I’m moving on and letting go and working on my new dream.  I’m writing my book with a new fervor, and now have a deadline for finishing.  It’s not until I let go of the old and let in the new, did this determination and drive fully kick in.  It’s time to move on and then some.

As you can see there is a lot of “letting go” in my life right now!  It feels like an entire new life is being born right before my eyes.  Maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be?  It’s a lot to handle all at once, and sometimes letting go seems overwhelming, but when I just let be what will be, then it all seems to fall into place, just as it should.

So today I give my daughter wings, today I trust in the justice system, today I let my words flow.  Today, I LET GO.

Comments

10 Responses to “Letting Go…”
  1. Madge Woods says:

Great article Amy.

2. Amy Wise says:

Thank you my friend! A.

3. This is one of the best thing I read this week. It gives me so much lesson. I just turned 21 and I feel I have never been ready for anything. And in that article you give me much about what lies ahead and what I have missed in my life, letting go.
    It’s a wide issue… thanks a lot

4. Amy Wise says:

Brigida,

It makes my heart warm knowing that my words helped you. Truly. Thank you for taking the time to read and for your beautiful comment. Have a fabulous week and I hope to hear more from you.

Amy

5. Great article, Amy. I don’t even want to think about drivers licenses and high school graduations! :) Best of luck at trial!

6. Amy Wise says:

Shannon,

I can’t even believe my “baby” is driving!!! She has a note on her door for the day and time she is going for her drivers license appt! She just finished her behind the wheel courses yesterday. Ugh! It’s all so soon and so fast! To have graduation on top of it!? Wow! I swear she was just born yesterday! Treasure every flying minute. =) Thank you so much for reading! Amy

7. Brandy says:

Beautiful article Amy! I had to take a deep breath at the start of each paragraph because those are huge “letting go” moments. Good luck with it all and just know that there is always something incredible around the corner.

8. Amy Wise says:

Brandy,

Thank you so much! It’s amazing how much is happening all at once. Amazing! Life is a rollercoaster that is for sure. I’m just going to keep riding the ride! Hugs. A.

9. Joey says:

Your words are inspirational Amy! Your letting go has created a beatiful post.

10. Amy Wise says:

Joey you are soooo sweet! Thank you. It’s been a process. Always learning, always growing. Always! Hope all is well. =) A.