- This event has passed.
Engineer’s Week at Discovery Cube
February 24, 2016 @ 10:00 am - February 28, 2016 @ 5:00 pm$10
Engineers and builders of all ages are invited to Discovery Cube LA to celebrate national Engineer’s Week! Future engineers will enjoy a week of exploring, creating, and building with hands-on activities in various fields of engineering.
Learning Stations (daily)
- Parachute Drop – Put your engineering skills to the test as you design, build, test, and modify a parachute to see if you can have the longest hang time!
- Catenary Arch – Build a free-standing arch and learn how it can remain standing without additional structural support.
- Build Tables – Build the bridge that can hold the most weight, using only paper, paperclips, and simple weights.
- “Egg-splore the Science: Save The Egg” Stage Show – Learn helpful scientific tips to aid you in your creation for the Egg Drop Competition!
- Tallest Towers – Figure out how to build the tallest tower using only wood blocks.
Guest Speakers and Partner Presentations
NASA’s Juno probe: Richard Stember
-Sunday, 2/21 | 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. presentations at the 2nd Floor Discovery Stage
R2-D2 Builders Club
-Sunday, 2/21 | 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Do It Yourself Girls (DIY Girls)
-Sunday, 2/21 | 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
-Sunday, 2/21 | 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. presentations at the 2nd Floor Discovery Stage
Egg Drop Competition
Don’t miss your chance to join the annual Egg Drop Competition on February 28th! Bring your homemade ETV (egg transport vehicle) and put it to the ultimate test as it drops from 25 feet in the air.